Monday, April 30, 2012

Kings, Orphans and Cardio

As the month comes to an end (can you believe that it's already the end of April?) I want to  talk about some things that I discovered over the last 4 weeks.  

Game of Thrones - What can I say about this? Obviously I didn't discover this during the last 4 weeks, I just never felt the urge to find out what all the fuss is about...until now. If you know anything about me, you'll think "Laura's watching Game of Thrones?  Is this a case of outta space body snatchers or something?”. But no, I wasn't abducted, I'm perfectly fine, I just wanted to widen my TV horizon. The main reason being that pretty much every celebrity  I follow on Twitter was going crazy about it, and rightfully so. The show is well made, entertaining, fresh...
...Yet I didn't make it past the 5th episode. 

It is without a doubt one of the best shows I've ever seen, but also the most off-putting one -  I can handle extreme violence just as well as sex - but the combination was simply too much for me  (and  knowing my taste in movies that says a lot).  But I'm nevertheless very glad that I gave it a chance.  

The Orphan's Arms  -  I discovered this brand while browsing on ASOS, and  immediately  fell in love with their designs. Their sweaters remind me a lot of Wildfox, and as much as I adore my Wildfox, it's nice to have a cheaper but equally cute  lounge wear alternative. 
Wonderland Sweater
The comfy sweaters and shirts, run in a more wallet friendly price range (between 30 and 60 Euros on Asos), but can definitely compete with Wildfox in quality and style,  and I might even say that I prefer their fit just a little bit.

Tabata - I discovered this one last night. Sherlock's Lara Pulver  mentioned this form of circuit training  in a recent interview.  The actress used the intense work out to get in shape for her nude scenes on the show - and intense it is!  But it's also quick and easy. I downloaded a Tabata Timer app, set my alarm clock, and started my day with Tabata (it's also fun to say, the new yogalates maybe?)  …and I think I have found a new favorite workout. 

...But I also have to mention that it's gonna take a while to get used to it.  After 4 sets I felt pretty much dead, and basically took a nap on my yoga mat before I was ready for anything else.


So is there anything you discovered in April?  Let me know, comment below!

Peace, Love and Sunshine
Laura

1 comment:

  1. Casey - this is still messing with meMay 5, 2012 at 3:49 AM

    I'm horrible! I've missed so many blog posts!!!

    haha I do feel the same way. I somehow got to episode 3 of season 2 though. I guess we know who's more likely to murder someone!

    So I just spent like 30 minutes on The Orphans Arms website. I love you for the amazingness that is you and your fashionness!

    AWESOME post!!!

    ReplyDelete