Sunday, March 31, 2013

The 4 C's

When I saw this week's IFB Project, I knew I had to participate. The assignment was:  "Define Your Style”, and as any fashion fan knows it's one of the hardest questions to answer. I hate putting labels on things. Yes,  I attend an elite University, and yes I own more than three navy cable knit sweaters, but I wouldn't call myself preppy. My iPod is full of Sum and Blink, and yet I wouldn't be caught in a hoody unless I'm working out. And then there's "nerd", but besides my reading glasses I don't aspire to look like a cast member of the Big Bang Theory...

So what exactly is my Style? Well, I like to refer to the 4 magic C's:



My days are usually a constant back and forth between being curled up on the couch with my laptop,  and running around town. So I rely on great shoes and outerwear  to make my casual jeans and t-shirt combos presentable. My grandpa always  used to say something about judging a man by his shoes and coat - and I guess that kinda stuck with me.  A good (and comfortable) pair of black leather flats goes with everything, and can even make a pair of 9.99 H&M jeans (my fave) look sophisticated. And as long as I have a Burberry trench in my closet I know that I'll always be well dressed. 

Another factor is the versatility of this style, the "C" in colorful. If I wake up and want to celebrate my preppy side, I'll choose a bow and a longchamp. if I want to show my wild side I'll go with a skull scarf, and if I want to channel my inner Sheldon Cooper, I'll rock a comic book tote for the day.

accessories

So I guess one could define my style as a blank canvas. A blank canvas in good shoes and a Burberry trench.

Peace, Love and Spring Showers,
Laura

3 comments:

  1. This is too cute. I think most people's styles are a blend of so many different ideas and themes that it's really hard to define it in a few words. I really do like how you went about this post :)

    -Mega from http://dressuponacloudyday.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great and pragmatic post and I think I may need that trench in the picture. Found you on IFB. you have a new follower.
    Kristin at Highland Fashionista
    www.highlandfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, my Burberry trench (or well trenches by now as they make great gifts for graduations and other milestones - who needs a car, if you can get a good coat? haha) is by far the best purchase I ever made. x

      Delete