Sunday, July 14, 2013

Fun in The Sun

This week's IFB assignment  is to blog  about our summer essentials, and I decided to divide them into three categories:

Style:

Hats help you to stay cool in both senses of the word. This one's from Burberry.

Usually I reach for the big tortoise shades, but when it's really hot out I simply prefer my aviator's. The smaller Ray Ban's to be specific. 

You know I'm all substance over style,  but H&M has the most amazing camis on sale. And for 2.99, who cares if they won't last forever?


Beauty:

Burberry Brit Summer 2012 – ok I'm cheating because I love to wear this all year round, but that is because it makes me think of summer no matter how how miserable the weather is.

Max Factor Eye Brightening Tonal Black Mascara  – I picked this up because it came with a free eyeliner, which  seemed like a good deal. I didn't really believe that it would actually make my eyes brighter, but it actually does. I put this on, and it's the only eye makeup I need. The only downside is that it doesn't come in a waterproof version, but so far I wore it to work out and during a heavy rainstorm, and didn't have any raccoon eye issues.

Pineapple lip balm, because it tastes like summer.

Entertainment:

Summer is the time for carefree country music  (I'm thinking Gloriana, Hunter Hayes, and Kingston)
classic horror movies, bonus points if they are set in a coastal Town like Lost Boys,  and Detective Novels that take you to the Beach like Phoebe Atwood Taylor's Cape Cod Mysteries.


What are your summer essentials? Let me know, comment below!


Peace, Love, and Tiny Umbrellas in Your Drinks,
Laura

1 comment:

  1. Cute post! Drop by to my blog sometime and if you like maybe we could follow each other?
    xx
    www.JuneWantsItAll.com

    ReplyDelete