Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Study Groove

I just realized that it has been way too long since my last playlist,  so today I have a very special treat: my study tunes! I've mentioned before that I can't study in silence,  and while apps like Coffitivity are perfect non-distracting white noise machines, sometimes it is just a little more fun to study with music (if the subject allows it). 

I believe that the secret behind a perfect study playlist is balance, too mellow and it will make you sleepy, too upbeat and it will be distracting. It should, however, always end on a high note,  something that screams "break time!" (seriously, singing along to your favorite song can be an amazing way to clear your head and re-energize).  Finally, my number one tip is to avoid songs that remind you of TV shows.  I know it sounds silly, but  there is nothing more annoying than the sudden desire to watch the Forever Pilot just because that one Beck song popped up in your playlist… And yes, I realize that I included the Virgin Suicides theme song, but it is somehow different with movie soundtracks (The Last Kiss soundtrack got me through more all-nighters than I can count). 


What is your favorite study soundtrack? 
And good luck to anyone studying for something! 

Peace, Love, and Lobsters
Laura 

No comments:

Post a Comment