Tuesday, June 21, 2011

"A"-List Approved Summer Styles


The weather isn't the only thing that gets hotter in the summer, TV shows are close behind, and Pretty Little Liars  is on top of that hot list...especially when it comes to style. So if you wanna know how to keep cool during the sumer time and still look as hot as Hanna, Spencer, Aria and Emily then keep reading.


But this isn't your typical “get the look” post, I picked one summer essential (a pair of navy cotton twill shorts) and came up with a look for each one of the girls:   

J.Crew Chino Shorts


To get Hanna's look go for sleek materials and bright colors, slip your feet into a pair of espadrille wedges (preferably golden ones), and throw on a fitted blazer if it gets chilly at night.


Spencer loves classic menswear inspired pieces, to make this look more girly wear a lace cami under your button down, and  add a leather belt with a little bow. For shoes go with classic Keds, or Oxfords for a more dressy look.


Aria's boho chic  is perfect for those hot summer days. Find a flowy top, go crazy on the jewellery (try Asos.com and thrift stores for cheaper options, and Free People if you want to splurge), protect yourself from the sun with a cute floppy hat, and forget that boots are only for the colder months.


If you like a simple and sporty style like Emily, look for striped tops and fun sneakers in all the colors of the double-rainbow,  pair them with neutral pieces (like a cute cardigan), a sporty watch, and keep other accessories to a minimum.


So who is your fave Pretty Little Liar?  Let me know in the comments!  And I'm thinking of making this "1 item 4 looks" thing a series, so tell me if there is anything that you want me to Pretty-Little-Liar-fy.

Peace, Love and Sunshine
Laura


3 comments:

  1. Ha, you already know my favorite --Hanna owns at life. :)

    Epic post - you got all of their personalities down with these clothes. And you need to move here to shop w/ me! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post dude! Don't really have a fav of those but if I had to pick one I'd say Emily, cause her style was the one most similiar to mine ;)xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome!!! I think I would go with Aria :) All the girls have such cute pieces that I would wear :)

    ReplyDelete