Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Focus!

I don't know about you, but I absolutely cannot work or study  in silence (seriously libraries drive me insane). The problem is that playing music is not really an option either, because as soon as there are lyrics involved I'm singing along. Classical would be an idea, but since I'm not really into classical music I usually pick a Vitamin String Quartett number...  and well, at some point I will recognize the song and try to remember the lyrics which is even more distracting than just singing along. Sometimes mindless TV can also be a good alternative, but my desk isn't anywhere near a TV. I could go and work in a coffee shop... but then I'd have to pack up all my books, and notes, and my laptop, and …nope.

So what's a girl to do? Download Coffitivity, that's what! 


Coffitivity is a website and app that plays endless loops of indistinctive chatter,  clanking cups, and  other coffee shop noises. Basically, you get the coffee shop experience without having to pack up your entire desk. It's the perfect stimulant for those of us who can't work in silence, and speaking for someone who's currently writing her Master's thesis: Thank you, smart people at Coffitivity! 


Visit Coffitivity or download the App.

And if you're interested in the research side of it all, check out this article.

Peace, Love, and Lobsters
Laura

1 comment:

  1. My problem at the moment is zero motivation. Probably because I know that in two days, after I'm finished with my exam, I'm done with studying for 8 months. So my mind has already stopped studying due to that lol

    Awesome post! This sounds like a great idea for people with the same problem as you.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete