Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Hump Day Homework: Back To School

September signifies the end of summer, and for some of us that means back to school. But even if your schooldays are long gone, you might enjoy these picks:  


Read: The Mockingbirds

read me
Even as a young adult I wasn't all that into young adult fiction, but this story about a secret society at an elite boarding school caught my attention, and I was pleasantly surprised  by it.  I don't want to give away too much, but Daisy Whitney succeeded in wrapping a very serious and current issue into a thrilling story with an inspiring message.  


Watch: The Skulls


Ok, so I  may have chosen this to stay within the secret society range, but this also happens to be one of  those early 2000's gems that never gets old.  And then there's early 2000s Paul Walker, and many gorgeous scenery shots.


Listen To: Ron Pope "Goodbye, Goodnight"

listen to me
This album is such an obvious choice for this time of year, but I just love to listen to it while taking a walk, or reading a book on the porch - it's early fall sentimentalism at its best.


Peace, Love, and Pumpkin Spice
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment