Monday, January 6, 2014

Clean Slate

After two months of shiny reds and glittery golds I always find myself missing my favorite neutral nail polishes. And for me that usually means sheer baby pink, and black.


My go to sheer polish has always been Essie's Mademoiselle.


 I know that many swear on the brand's "Ballet Slippers" when it comes to sheer pink, but (and maybe I just had a bad bottle) I always found that one a little hard to apply, while Mademoiselle is an absolute dream. It literally takes me about a minute to do my nails with it, and get that perfect porcelain finish.


On the other end of the spectrum we have OPI's Suzi Skis in the Pyrenees:


Unless you're going for a grungy look, you have to be have rather careful with black nailpolish. And I won't deny that this one is not the easiest to apply, it takes a good three coats to be opaque, it's rather runny, and takes forever to dry... but once it is actually on it's one of the nicest shades of black I ever tried, which definitely makes up for the complicated application.


What are your go to neutrals?


Peace, Love, and Sparkles
Laura


No comments:

Post a Comment