Monday, October 8, 2012

Pumpkin Spice ...not really that nice.

Here is a confession: me the self-proclaimed autumn manic who lives for Halloween, cozy sweaters and boots doesn't like Pumpkin Spice Lattes. Okay, so it might have something to do with the fact that I usually take my coffee like Agent Dale Cooper: as black as midnight on a moonless night...

I've never been one to enjoy these fancy - or dare I say girly - drinks. But it seems like Pumpkin Spice Lattes have become a bigger part of fall than colorful leaves and crisp air, heck people even say that  fall doesn't even begin until Starbucks starts serving them...

Last year I pretty much talked myself into liking them (I wanted to be part of  the movement!), and it actually worked for a while, but liking and enjoying are two very different things...

So what is a fall-fan who doesn't enjoy this thing, that is supposed to be the true essence of fall, to do? Find an alternative of course!  

I recently discovered pumpkin honey, and besides coming in the most perfect and radiant shade of orange it actually does serve as an amazing sweetener, that can give a cup of coffee the pumpkin flavor without overpowering it, and if you wanna go crazy stir it in your milk before foaming it - et voilĂ  orange pumpkin milk! And the very best, it's also so much cheaper (and healthier) than that Starbucks stuff...


Peace, Love, and Sunshine
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment