Tuesday, May 12, 2015

The Best Flats

I have both been blessed and cursed with ridiculously narrow feet. Blessed because I never have to worry about shoes being too tight, cursed because it can be a nightmare to find shoes that I don't fall out off.  This usually isn't much of an issue in the winter when I can just put on a pair of thick boot socks and be good to go. But in the summer it is more than just a little annoying.

I've never been a sneaker girl, the occasional pair of Vans or Keds is fun,  but I don't feel dressed unless I'm wearing a pair of "proper" shoes, and in the warmer months that usually means ballet flats, but finding some that fit and look good seems almost impossible – especially when you are shopping on a budget.  

Finding narrow designer flats isn't hard (the more a shoe costs the smaller it seems to run), and while shoes are usually the one thing I love to splurge on, there is no faster way to waste money than to spend it on a pair of flats for running around in all day (yay cobblestone streets!).  

Last year I got lucky with a pair of Zara flats, but they fell victim to an apocalyptic rainstorm, and sadly aren't available anymore. I had almost given up, when I stumbled across these:  


The softest leather, and fit like a glove - and are on the affordable side. I couldn't ask for more.

I couldn't find the black ones online, but  Amazon has  them in gold and a few other colors, and Ebay is also your friend. I'm definitely considering  getting a back up pair if my love for them doesn't decline during the next few weeks.  


Peace, Love, and Lobsters
Laura 

No comments:

Post a Comment