Monday, December 3, 2012

Day 3: Santa Claus is coming to town…

 …through your TV screens. 

In honor of the long anticipated Castle Christmas Special airing tonight, here's the top 5 of my all time favorite Christmas Specials (watch them if you haven't yet!):

5) The O.C., "The Chrismukk-huh?" (2006)
The most controversial choice on the list. People seem to either love or hate this episode, that plays with the idea of what had happened if Ryan had never come to Newport - But I for one can't get enough of the show's take on my favorite Christmas movie (It's a Wonderful Life). 

4) Psych, "Christmas Joy" (2008)
Another slightly controversial one. I know that a lot of people really dislike this episode, but I can't help it, I'm a simply sucker for a funny Christmas ep, and this one had reindeer, and a Santa Baby montage…  

3) Remington Steele, "Dancer, Prancer, Donner and Steele" (1985)
The agency's Christmas party takes a turn for the worse when three Santas take the detectives and their party guests hostage - but what really makes this, is the unexpected twist that ends with a motorcycle chase in a Christmas tree lot.

2) The Middle, "A Simple Christmas" (2010)
Maybe it reminds me of the family Christmases when I was a kid, maybe I just enjoy chaos,  but few things are as entertaining as a Heck family Christmas. And I'm already looking forward to this year's Christmas special.  

And on number one, my all time favorite Christmas episode...

1) The Twilight Zone, "Night of The Meek"  (1960)
Nothing will ever live up to the magic of Night of the Meek. It isn't among the most shocking or "cool" episodes, but I will never forget Henry Corvin and the magic burlab bag. 


So what are your favorite Christmas Specials? Let me know comment below!

Peace, Love and Mistletoe
Laura 

1 comment:

  1. Another awesome post. I do love the Christmas episode of Psych ;)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete